Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today was the premier of the American Idol New Season Premier and Jayden and I watched it. He was so into it. There was a singer who blew the both of us away. We just happened to be recording it and at commercial we played his performance over and over again. Jayden was even trying to mimic the singer. I said to him “I can teach you how to sing that song like that.” He said, ok. So I started teaching him the runs and phrasing and he caught on really quickly. He sounded great. I’m so proud of him that he is taking an interest in something so tender as well as his technical ability to sing. Wow! I called Patrice because he wanted to sing for her and she was the typical proud aunt. Her exact words were, “Maybe I’m just being hormonal, but that’s just about the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard!” That’s by boy!

No comments: