Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Call me Jeff

Sunday the family got together at Bob's house for dinner. While they were finishing up the food, Zion and I walked over to the church playground to play. Zion looked up at me and said:
Zion: Mom, what's my name?
Me: Zion Elijah Whitmore
Zion: Why did you name me that?
Me: Because I think it's an awesome name
Zion: I don't like that name.... from now on call me Jeff!
Me: Jeff?
Zion: Yeah, Jeff, call me Jeff
Me: Ok Jeff

I'm all aout free expression so I thought it was the cutest thing ever so I started calling him Jeff. When we went back to the house as we walked through the door, he announced to everyone that his new name was "Jeff" and that he would not answer to anything else. Let me tell you, he was not kidding, he totally ignored any comment that was directed at Zion and only listened when we called him Jeff....

Kids, got to love em.

No comments: